US Synthetic, a ChampionX company has an immediate need for an Engineer I located in Orem, UT. The Engineer I will work cross-functionally on High Velocity Edge Team (HVE), Value Stream Team (VST) or Functional Engineering Team Specifically: Problem Solving: Use PDCA method to solve problems, Functional Expertise: Be able to complete work autonomously in functional discipline, Learn and use Lean Manufacturing and Product Development principles to continuously improve the way work is done.
USSynthetic – Engineer
What We Do:
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package starting at day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Be a member of HVE team, VST or functional team to solve problems fast for the organization
- Use PDCA method to solve problems
- Participate in minimum of 2 kaizen events (weeklong training/projects) per year
- Take initiative to see and solve problems that increase value for all stakeholders in the business
- Work at GEMBA (where the work is done, i.e. manufacturing floor) to better see and solve problems
- Work with the operators and leaders on the production floor to develop and implement projects
- Utilize lean manufacturing and product development principles in all processes and product changes
- Create, maintain and perform audits on standardized work documents i.e. Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS) and Critical Knowledge
- Yokoten: share and teach lessons learned with production floor and other teams
- Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Minimum 0-2 years of engineering experience
- Moderate noise
- Safety equipment (Safety Glasses)
- Knowledge on machine shop practices, methods and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak in front of technical peers
- Working toward a Six Sigma Black Belt
- Ability to effectively utilize DOE training
- Able to read, create and modify technical drawings and 3-D models
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams
- Able to work with others for the purpose of training and instructing production personnel following the job instruction method (TWI)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with statistical analyzing software, i.e. Minitab, JMP, etc.
- Pass respirator fit test
- Ability to work flexible shift hours when need arises
- Pro-E knowledge
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, application and implementation
- Understand and analyze testing and metallurgical data
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships
- Problem solving skills
- Willing to be trained
- Capable of maintaining a neat workplace (5S)
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: