Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 20+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services. If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization. Estas buscando trabajo en el area de salud mental? Youth Villages esta contratando consejeros bilingues en Ingles y Español para trabajar con niños y familias en necesidad. Las sessiones familiares seran conducidas en español pero la documentacion y supervision de los casos sera en ingles. Tu puedes ayudar a hacer la diferencia! Para mas informacion
This position is responsible for providing Multisystemic Therapy (MST) to youth ages 12 to 17 that display serious antisocial behaviors and are at-risk of placement out of the home due to their behaviors. Our MST program is built on the principle that the serious behavior problems of a child typically stem from a combination of influences including family factors, deviant peer group, problems in school or the community, and individual characteristics. The MST model calls for simultaneously addressing all of those inter-related areas.
- Carry a small caseload of 4-5 families
- Hold family sessions with each family 3 times a week scheduled at the convenience of the families
- 3 supervision meetings a week
- Web-based documentation (voice recognition technology in most locations)
- Provide on-call availability to families during the week, one weekend each month
- Drive up to 60-80 miles to meet with families in the home
- Counselors provide treatment in individual families’ homes in a wide array of settings and communities
- Schedule is non-traditional, but flexible and based around clients’ availability. Since counselors are heavily involved with each family, long hours may be required.
- Counselors must have their own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance. Counselors are reimbursed for mileage.
- Counselors must be fluent in English and Spanish
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline with one year post-graduate full-time experience with at-risk adolescents or adolescent substance abuse is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline with two years post-graduate full-time experience with at-risk adolescents or adolescent substance abuse will be considered.
- Experience with at-risk youth and their families
- Experience doing family therapy or providing MST services is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 9 paid holidays
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: