NYU Langone Health
Job ID: 1035975_RR00014678
Area of Talent: Service – Other, GENERAL MAINTE OTHER (L17839), NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn
Shift: Flexible variable hours
NYU Lutheran Medical Center is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The medical center is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Medical Center’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Lutheran Medical Center.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Refrigeration Mechanic.
In this role, the successful candidate Excellent knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration maintain electrical electronic pneumatic and hydraulic control systems. Assist HVAC supervisor in duties and in same capacity when absent. Responsible to have working areas and shops clean and safe.
- Knowledge of controls systems electronic pneumatic etc.
- Maintain and operate chillers and absorber
- Operate and maintain cooling towers
- Capable of reading blue prints drawing and diagrams
- Trouble shoot and repair refrigerant leaks
- Must be able to weld braze and soldering piping
- Maintain and repair refrigeration equipment (evaporator compressors condensers etc.)
- Knowledge of boilers operations and repairs
- Maintain and repair infection control equipment (exhaust fans negative pressure equipment etc.)
- Monitor filter banks and replaced as needed
- Understand and operate tracer Zummit control system
- Maintain and control secondary system (radiant panels)
NYU Lutheran Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Lutheran Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
- To qualify you must have a High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required. Trade School Graduate Preferred.
- 2-5 years experience as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic, hospital experience preferred
- NYC Fire Department refrigeration machine operators license required, US EPA CFC refrigerant handling certificate
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
We require applications to be completed online.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: