Join a growing team of passionate and skilled security professionals at the David Geffen School of Medicine. Reporting to the Director of I.T. Security, the Security Engineer (SE) will have an integral hands-on role as the SOM builds and deploy secure I.T. services. The SE will act as a security expert and leader in the implementation and adaptation of security services, concepts, and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or related field. Related work experience may substitute for some years of education.
- Working experience with Splunk, Palo Alto NextGen Firewalls (physical and virtual), Cisco ISE, AWS Security, Netflow, Advanced Malware Protection, Rapid7 Nexpose.
- Strong understanding of Application and Operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, threat management
- Ability to develop and maintain scripts using common programming languages to manipulate, export and import data from various feeds
- Understanding of high level information security concepts such as; least privilege, defenses in depth, minimization, segregation of duties and access controls.
- Strong understanding of security policies, network and data architecture and IT infrastructure and processes.
- Expert level knowledge of security systems such as; SEIM, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, and related network security tools.
- Strong understanding of Encryption at rest and in transit.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing Protocols..Etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to create diagrams and charts using Visio or Omnigraffle.
- Understanding of Cisco VPN, wireless, ForcePoint DLP and Cloud Access Security Brokers, Shibboleth, Proofpoint, Duo
- Expert understanding of computer authentication systems, Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP.
- Strong understanding of the legal aspects of data acquisitions and electronic discovery.
- Strong understanding of federated access systems such as Shibboleth and ADFS. Strong understanding of identity and access management concepts (Multi-factor Authentication, Access Governance, Single Sign-On, Enterprise Directory Systems, Role Base Access Control and Account Provisioning).
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: