The Application Manager (AM) functions as the primary expert for the application and oversees the work activities of the build team. Working in conjunction with the Director, the AM defines objectives and manages the configuration, build, implementation, support, maintenance, and optimization of the application. Responsible for planning, structuring, and monitoring system implementation, as well as testing and change control procedures. The AM takes direction from, and collaborates with, the Director on work priorities and manages the resolution of escalated issues. The AM partners with subject matter experts and other CareConnect AMs to ensure build consistency and a successful end-to-end patient centric workflow. The AM identifies and plans appropriate training for team members and leads the team in attaining a high level of application knowledge.
Ambulatory, Cadence, SER, and ClientTell
- Epic Certifications: EpicCare Ambulatory required; additional certifications desired: Cadence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology, which also includes Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems.
- Must possess strong technical experience and background working with Epic.
- Experience leading large and complex projects.
- Experience mentoring staff in both technical and business related matters, including providing regular feedback and completing performance reviews.
- Demonstrated skill in system workflow and business process flow analysis and design.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a healthcare related organization.
- Management or Team Lead experience required.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of multiple areas of focus in application specialty areas. Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation. Proven ability to quickly learn about new specialties, workflows, or modules.
- Ability to research, organize, analyze, and synthesize data to support effective decision making. Ability to coach team members in these skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have a knack for probing for information, in order to fully understand the underlying needs that influence how a system should be configured/ organized.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and competing tasks, appropriately delegate and track work, and hold individuals accountable for work tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds, at all levels.
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines without reminders.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey technical information to all levels of application users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult and stressful situations. Must be able to recognize problems, evaluate, and refer to the appropriate channels for action.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to coach and support direct reports as well as peers.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: